Character Races

Human
Orc
Goblin
Elf
Snake
Lizard
Background

Swordsman: The way of a swordsman ages back to the first peoples. Using simply natures weapons, the art of melee fighting has ever existed. Hearing eachother's breath in battle, these soldiers were the heart of the battle. Known for their spirit, these soldiers still live on in the world of Xeronar.

Ranger: The elusive hand of the battle, these ancient fighters derived from stealthy areas. They run in the shadows seeking cover, or fight by the side of a swordsman. Being able to deal damage without taking it with a melee soldier nearby, these ranged units can really do a good hit. They still lurk around in the world of Xeronar.

Mage: Seeking even more from the art of fighting, these peoples studied the art of magic. Experimenting with things from chemistry, to alchemy, to fighting ancient monsters, these fighters can be both melee and ranged. They can be at the devil's left hand, yet be able to fight against him. Learning from ancient lore, these mages derived from mystical places believed non-existant. Many denied the fact that these fighters could be in the world. They were believed to be strong. Too strong. However, these people still practice their rituals and arts of fighting in the world of Xeronar.
Stats
Swordsman: Want to have a balanced amount of Strength (Str) and Vitality (Vit). They may also want to have a little bit of each other stat, such as Charisma (Cha) for pets, and Dextarity (Dex) for speed. Having good attack speed, along with movement speed is key in battle. If a Swordsman can hit high damages, such as 75+ and still attack fast, then the opponent has almost no chance. If a Swordsman gets a pet, try to make it one that has a ranged attack, so the Swordsman who is strong, can take all the damage, while the pet AND the Swordsman finish off the enemy.

Rangers: Rangers want to have a high amount of Dextarity (Dex) for speed. They also want Charisma (Cha) for pets, which can help distract monsters and keep the damage away from the Ranger. A little Strength (Str) wouldn't hurt, just to increase your damage. Intellegence (Int) is a minor skill for Rangers, but can still help cast very strong spells. Having a little Intellegence on a Ranger can help to equip strong items.

Mages: Mages want to have a lot of Intellegence (Int) so they can cast spells without fear of losing all their mana. Intellegence is also required to wear strong equipment. Charisma (Cha) can also be a very important skill. Pets can also help distract monsters and attack them instead so the Mage stands unharmed. Strength has really no purpose for a mage, although it may be a requirement for certain equipment. Vitality isn't needed if you're good at keeping damage away. If the Mage is a very strong character, then it won't require a lot of HP. Especially if the mage has some moderate levels on escape moves, healing moves, and/or blocking moves.
Key To Stats ~ Where characters should put their stat points to be strong

CLASSSTRDEXVITINTCHASTA
Swordsman505255105
Ranger10302051520
Mage5201045155

Last edited by ChiefOfGxBxL on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:46 am; edited 8 times in total

Note To Self:
Xeronar In-game Personal Page, Perhaps On-Forum.
ChiefOfGxBxL
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Badge :
Comment : Artist and tester for Xeronar, also moderate the forums.
Mood : Waiting...for CS4. Happy though.
Registration date : 2008-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Guide

Post by Grimm 88 - Creator on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:40 am

wow... SOMEBODY had a lot of free time on their day off today! XD

anyway, nice guide chief, although personally i think that perhaps a little more Vit and Dex, and a little less Int and Cha are required for the swordsman (unless he is persistent on casting spells or having a hard to train pet, which i suppose makes sense since it would be a stronger one)

i reckon that Cha and Int are definately not a MUST for swordsmen, however Dex, Vit, Str and Sta are all still useful... but anyone wanting a high-level ranged pet would simply have to spend a few levels in Cha, not slowly increase it over the lifetime of their character

however, apart from that it looks good (except if both rangers and mages require melee pets, why does one spend so much more... but anyway, mage shield and heal spells could counter the lack of a pet, and i suppose a pet is less important to spellcasters anyway)

P.S. i like walls of text! and long brackets too!

Last edited by Grimm 88 - Creator on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Grimm 88 - Creator
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 180
Badge :
Registration date : 2008-01-20

View user profile http://www.xeronar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiefOfGxBxL on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:14 pm

Ok, thanks!
I revised the stat spending section a little, and now it should make more sense. I did pretty much have all day today for my day off, although I was doing other stuff, I kept the forums up all day Big Grin woohoo!

Note To Self:
ChiefOfGxBxL
Contributor
Contributor

Badge :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benguy1 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:20 am

wow this is pretty cool must have taken you hours but some (most) of these characters and classes arent done

Regular

Number of posts : 128
Badge :
Comment : game tester and ideas department for Xeronar
Mood : Annoyed (school started again)

View user profile http://www.omg.you.are.so.lame.youarelame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiefOfGxBxL on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Yea, its for the future. I know (if not done already) Grimm will have the bow and arrow done in a few days, so that will start archery...then he's doing the spell system which will support melee's and ranged, along with maging. I have yet to make all the races, such as orc, goblin, elf, human, etc.

Note To Self:
ChiefOfGxBxL
Contributor
Contributor

Badge :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimm 88 - Creator on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:35 am

well... i was at my dads, and i couldnt really do anything there, so i had no time to finish bow and arrow... but its coming along nicely with all but arrow useage done and the i can release it and make a better start on spells, PM's, colored names / text in chatbox and massiveness!

Grimm 88 - Creator
Regular
Regular

Badge :

Back to top Go down

Post by Benguy1 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:46 am

personally i look forward to PMs cos some of my friends play bow and arrow and spells cos im gonna make a spellcaster

Regular

Number of posts : 128
Badge :
Comment : game tester and ideas department for Xeronar
Mood : Annoyed (school started again)

View user profile http://www.omg.you.are.so.lame.youarelame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimm 88 - Creator on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:35 pm

lol... that doesnt make much sense, but whatever!

PM's is probrably lower ranked than some other things since it is not VITAL, and i could pretty much do it whenever i have the spare time and bother to write the code!

Grimm 88 - Creator
Regular
Regular

Badge :

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiefOfGxBxL on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Yea, spare time is good, seeing that we have both the forums, the below-game-chatbox, and if you needed to really really importantly talk to your friends and can't use both of those, then there is always online chat, like AIM and MSN.

"...and massiveness!"
~Let's not forget to advertise before doing this, probably 150-200 members actively play at the least before massiveness, and still running the advertisements, so when it does go massive, people will actually make use of that new update and be able to interact with not just a few friends, but large groups of people to make Alliances, and hunt for monsters effectively.

Note To Self:
ChiefOfGxBxL
Contributor
Contributor

Badge :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimm 88 - Creator on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:40 pm

yeah, otherwise if there were hardly any people, and therefore even fewer active players you would rarely even run into another player, let alone befriend them and join a guild or alliance together... we need a LOT of players (and quite a few on at any one time) before massiveness to make any use of it, otherwise its kinda pointless

Grimm 88 - Creator
Regular
Regular

Badge :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down